In his blog post “Be our Social Media Week reporter!” Paul Coombes talks about the opportunity brought by Nokia Connects to become a SMW Nokia reporter. The Social Media Week 2013 will take place in several cities worldwide from September 23rd to 27th.
This way Nokia initiates an international exchange of SMW reporters. Each of the four selected countries will send two persons to the paired country, i.e.:
- United Kingdom > Mumbai (India)
- India > London (UK)
- Germany > Los Angeles (USA)
- United States > Berlin (Germany)
all of them provided with an astonishing tool of producing photos and footage of the respective SMW place and events, the Nokia Lumia 1020.
I am Michael from Karlsruhe, Germany. I would be the perfect SMW Nokia reporter in Los Angeles b/c …
- I’m a recognized photographer of Technology and Media events (see references),
- I founded Social Media Club Karlsruhe in 2011 and such have been promoting Social Media activites in the City where I live and beyond,
- I know how to share highlights of exciting events on the Social Web – so I (MicialMedia) was ranked the 4th of the Top Influencers of Social Media Week Berlin in 2011 (see bit.ly/mici-smwberlin1 and bit.ly/mici-smwberlin2),
- I love to travel and get to know different people & cultures,
- I lost my Nokia glasses, which I received at SMW 2011 in Berlin (see photo below), so I hope, I can get new ones at SMW LA!
So I would be very glad and excited, if you pick me as one of the two SMW Nokia reporters from Germany to travel to Social Media Week Los Angeles in September 2013. Thanks!
Update (Sept., 12th):
Nokia connects sent me an email message, telling me that they have chosen me to be one of the Social Media Week reporter in Los Angeles from Germany!!
Actually (almost) can’t believe that. Now gotta prepare for my travel to LA (Sept. 21st to 28th 2013).
Original letter from Nokia connects:
I hope you’re well. I’m getting in touch as we loved your entry for our #SMWreporter competition and a reporter space has become available at SMW LA so we’d love to offer it to you if you’re available?
We’d fly you out on the 21st Sep and home on the 28th – all travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by Nokia and you’ll be reporting from SMW in LA all week.
Please let me know if you are available to travel on these dates and I will send you more details!
Sorry for the short notice!
Official Announcement of the SMWreporters who will actually be travelling to the respective countries: